Let’s see how interesting is our life when we talk about decision making in any stage of life. We are just the makers of the future situations that follow our acts in present which are preceded due to the impression we had during our past experiences.
We always think of different people taking decisions of our life saying “that’s in our benefit“.
We are also told that we should not be taking any decisions as we don’t have the capability of setting things right. We don’t have experience as others.
What is happening here? We are allowing them to be the leaders. And are we learning what stands best for ourselves? The answer is “NO”.
How could we?
Well! It is time for us to rise up and ask ourselves if we should fight for our decisions being taken on our own and be the Decision Maker.
This is how you start to be a leader of your own and eventually be looked up to as a leader by fellow beings too.
1. Stop asking for help that you have been all these years to your colleague to complete framing that simple email as an answer to your boss.
Remember we are human and we are allowed to research and exchange thoughts to learn better but letting others help you every time for that email response is doing no good to you.
It will cripple your brain box so bad that you would not know how bad its influence is. You even stand in McDonald and ask others for suggestions what would be best for you to eat not just once but every time you go there.
In other words you will forget how to delight yourself and fulfill your dreams that you always had as they no longer will exist for you.
So, start analyzing data on your own and get the frame structured yourself. You must know that you might get wrong for the first time but that would not be repeated the next time and you will learn only to climb up everyday.
2. Are your relatives criticizing of your work you do to earn your bread? Well! here you must know how you set things right by making the best statements as you earn on your own and not being dependent for anything.
You must enlighten them of the fact that you have the courage of leading the team members you work with and how well you are appreciated about your work.
Let your family know how important you are by showing all those awards you have earned. And by doing so prove them wrong that you have been a leader all this time.
Always know how to market your work not just at office but also at home as that keeps you UP for the next day and people start looking up to you as a valuable piece of creature.
3. Stand up when you see things are wrong. You don’t have to agree to every thing taking place around you just to please others (anyone at higher position at home or office).
Give logical thoughts and prove your point as this can mellow down the burning environment and HIGHLIGHT YOU instead.
4. Gain knowledge to become a powerhouse of knowledgeabout several things that fits you to start a conversation in any kind of gathering. Be it official meetings related to your process development, or any gathering at home for a function like that may require you as a host, or during a get together party at your friends place, or may be when on an adventurous or historical trip.
All that you need to do is study a lot about all these above mentioned situations where in you are sure of out scoring as the STAR for everyone around you or study all that makes you GLOW.
People are seekers of those who knows a lot and can add up to their knowledge. So, try becoming a talking book of knowledge and help others learn from you.
5. Other things that make you a great decision maker is when you can read peoples mind and are able to understand and analyze things even before they say it. You might want to up skill yourself to read gestures and set right way of communications so as to make things simpler for others and simultaneously get it right for yourself too.
Remember you are the decision maker that everyone is looking for. You are the one who others are dependent on to get better results from. You are the one who can be approached when people are in trouble. You are the one who can set things right.
There goes a lot of hard work to build yourself as a decision maker and takes time to win the trust of others.
To be a decision maker you need to have a positive attitude.
You have the WILL and you can make it happen.