Ever since we have started with our career we have been trying to figure out what do we do to get things right in our “To Do List” and be a ROCK STAR.
We question ourselves, “if we should go ahead with the task that has more importance for our boss (as that is what he has to deliver to his boss) or should that be the one that adds to our own success story at office or could we prefer doing the task that is good for the team members working under us (like some grooming activity to push people-productivity). Which one do we pick?”
Well! as for all you people out there, this has been a great mystery for me too for all the while I was working in several organisations while trying to handle my daily, monthly and quarterly activities and give the utmost from my end, just to make sure I do the best for all and be in the so called good books of everyone holding me as “their only hope”.
Yes that’s right, if you feel that you are too loaded with a huge pile of work from everyone around you, from now on it’s time for you to know that, there are so many of them who look up to you, as their only source of better delivery, as it is YOU who has the capability to do things right and perfectly.
So, never feel burdened, rather feel good about the tasks given to you as you should know that you are great at it than others and be proud that they think you are capable of finishing tasks with more responsibility and perfection.
Well! now after reading all that if you got motivated and inspired of the work load given to you, I would like to help you in enlightening you with few steps that you should consider while getting the list of tasks RIGHT that you call your “To Do List“:
Your fist step should be to maintain a “To Do List” in an excel sheet in the below format and impress with your monstrous and mind blowing capabilities:
1. Listing the tasks as per Daily and Monthly and so forth helps you categorize as per their priority in terms of the time given to you to achieve the task and to improve in its delivery (here I refer the quality of work and productivity). And thus, by marking stars for each time you know where you stand (you can mark a star/stars knowing the email or phone call responses that you get after your task delivery.)
2. Checking Status column of every task in the beginning of every day at work helps you learn what is in your task list for the day and helps you learn your next step.
3. Checking the Report To column helps you learn about the end user after completion of the task and how much can that influence your performance graph (by that I mean are you gonna be the star performer of the day or may be month due to your delivery).
For example, it could be your CEO who might have requested your manager to deliver a presentation that was given to you as you seemed the best at it. So, on delivery you know you are a star for your CEO (the end user of your task delivery) too and not just your manager. But make sure you know how much crucial it is for the presentation work to be completed, as it should not be done by keeping some client delivery at stake.
I know you must be a smart one to work that out.
4. Just in line with the Report To one must also be aware of the TAT column for every task as this plays a very important role to impress your end user. This actually truly creates a great impression about you, of how punctual you are and how focused you are at work.
In case, you feel there are hurdles holding you back to complete any of the steps while doing a task allocated to you, you must be proactive rather than reactive that you do loop in your boss or the right POC (point of contact) informing them of the hurdle and not just stop there but give a solution from your end and then probably you might want to ask them for their consent to go ahead thus help in completing the task in a timely manner.
5. Hey! and another important thing you should or rather must try to learn is about that flowchart which would talk about the ROI (Return of Investment) by which I mean that just because you could complete that task on time for your company how much of a value added service were you for your company or how much was it beneficiary for your company. It makes a huge difference if you know the ROI before you start working on the task as you might realize this works as a booster for you to give your best.
And yes, stay appreciated all the time as you will be the one who is aware of company work culture, right there at its core level, by being so proactive, knowledgeable, futuristic and, by far the most WANTED PERFORMER throughout the year.
And if you could say “I AM Clear” on every task allocated, you can assure of the yearly performance award and all promotions coming your way and knocking you out over and over again with great surprises in your life.
I know this must have given you an easy outlook of how you stay “ALL SET” for the rest of your career after getting to know the Best Way for To Do List.
Best of luck for your successful future.