Have you ever thought of how should one react when dealing with people who are categorized as “Difficult People to Handle“.
Let’s learn few:
1. Always make sure you listen to Difficult People Type 1 and make them feel you are all ears to whatever they say. Do this mostly by acknowledging few sentences.
Difficult person (Boss): “I am really tired of this daily story of coming to office and then going home and getting to work at home, cooking and helping the family with rest of the tasks for my children and then finally if I have time going to bed and go off to sleep after reading my favorite book (which is very rare).”
You (acknowledging the conversation, wherein you actually want to run away cause these are none of your interest): “That sounds like you have great stamina and is a good manager at home tasks too. I would have crashed right after reaching home. May be that’s why people look up to you.”
2. There is Difficult people type 2, who are the ones who will just keep talking about great things they have done and that things with them have always been great and this could extend to even great belongings that there ancestors own.
It is safer not to interrupt such people and you just ignore their talks and just keep nodding your head, pretending that you are listening to them. Until the point arrives where you might want to brighten the situation with your words only when ASKED FOR. So let’s just say, “ENJOY THE SHOW”.
3. Now there is a type 3 of Difficult People. These are mean people who did not originate as such but time and people around them, their family, lady love or others have influenced them in a way that they never found this world as a beautiful place. So, you just keep your calm and be good to such people.
These people are in pain somewhere in their heart and need love and care. They are always with a thought that kills them as they keep thinking that pain will never end for them.
You can handle them by making them feel special. That does not mean you will have to treat them every day. You can tell them how great they are at their work and everyday with such comments they get to live a better day and tomorrow for them gets better and better.
4. Type 4 of Difficult People are those who think they know it best to control every angle of their lives.
They tend to blame others for things going wrong even if they know it in their heart that it was not anyone else but them. They come up as perfectionists and they have a great art of critic power.
You can handle them by doing something that this type 4 likes and you will have to make sure that you market your doings and stand bold in your decisions. Remember that these kind of difficult people knows it well to play their game. So better don’t get into any argument.
5. Type 5 of Difficult People always love to win. So let them win. And you would find them being generous. They love to display their self – image. If you want to win an argument with this type always make it reasonable and show facts as this type of difficult people will step back.
Wish you luck now on, when dealing with either of these types of difficult people. Keep up the good spirit.