If you are one of many people who always wanted to get a remedy in the form of best digestive aid, then you must read this.
Learn which food takes longest to digest and what is the best way to combine food to obtain better digestion. Always make sure that food is eaten in right order, considering the time taken for digestion.
List of food in order of time taken for best digestive aid:
1. Juices(fruits and vegetables): 15-20 minutes
Example: Fruit juice, Vegetable juice, Vegetable broth
2. Semi-liquid blends: 20-30 minutes
Example: Blended salad, Blended veggies or fruits
3. Fruits(whole): 20-40 minutes
– Cantaloupe/Cranshaw/Honeydew/other melons: 30 minutes
– Oranges/ Grapefruit/Grapes: 30 minutes
– Apples/Pears/Peaches/Cherries: 40 minutes
4. Vegetables(raw tossed salad veggies): 30-40 minutes
Tossed salad vegetables when raw like Tomato/Cucumber/Celery/Pepper: 30-40 minutes
5. Vegetables(steamed or cooked): 40-45 minutes
– Steamed or cooked like Spinach/Kale/other leafy veggies: 40 minutes
– Zucchini/Broccoli/Cauliflower/String beans/Yellow squash/Corn (on cub): 45 minutes
– Root vegetables like Carrots/Beets/Turnips: 50 minutes
6. Carbohydrates(semi-concentrated): 60 minutes
– Artichokes/Butternut squashes/Potatoes/Sweet potatoes/Yam/Chestnuts: 60 minutes
7. Carbohydrates(concentrated): 90-120 minutes
– Brown rice/Millet/Oats/Buckwheat/Cornmeal: 90 minutes
– Beans and Legumes(Concentrated Carbohydrate & Protein) like Lentils/Limes/Pigeon peas/Chick peas/Peas/Kidney beans: 90 minutes
– Soy beans: 120 minutes
8. Seeds and nuts: 2-3 hours
– Seeds like Pumpkin/Sunflower/Sesame: 2 hours
– Nuts like Almonds/Peanuts(raw)/Walnuts/Cashews/Pecans: 2 1/2 to 3 hours
9. Dairy and dairy products: 90 minutes to 5 hours
– Skim milk/Cottage cheese/Ricotta cheese: 90 minutes
– Whole milk cottage cheese: 120 minutes
– Whole milk hard cheese: 4 to 5 hours
10. Animal Protein: 90 minutes to 5 hours
– Egg yolk: 30 minutes
– Whole egg: 45 minutes
– Sole seafood: 30 minutes
– Fish like Salmon/Salmon trout/Herring/Fatty fish: 45 – 60 minutes
– Chicken: 1.5 – 2 hours
– Turkey: 2 to 2.5 hours
– Beef and Lamb: 3 to 4 hours
– Pork: 4.5 – 5 hours
Now that you have learnt the time taken for digesting all the above food items and hence the best digestive aid, you must make sure you follow a right sequence so that the food that takes the least time should be entering your stomach first and then followed by the next in the sequence.
Learn more with these do’s and don’t’s and make use of these best digestive aids.
1. Easily digestible food should be eaten first.
2. Drink warn or hot water while you are enjoying your meals.
3. Eat at regular meal timings everyday.
4. Consciously pick your food and be aware of picking the right portion size.
5. Chew your food to almost a semi liquid consistency in your mouth and then throw into the stomach as every one knows that digestion begins in your mouth.
Note: Big pieces of food cannot be digested by human body leading to digestive disorders.
6. Stay calm and relaxed while eating food.
7. Sit in the right posture with your shoulders back to provide enough space for digestive organs to function efficiently.
8. Go for a brisk walk after eating as this helps secrete digestive juices better.
9. When trying to combine food you can eat carbohydrate with veggies.
10. Eat fruits early morning.
1. Do not drink ice cold water as it slows down the process of digestion.
2. Never over indulge on any type of food.
3. Never eat late night as the food tends to remain undigested as the body intend to slow down all its functions by the end of the day. You might as well end up getting disturbed during sleep.
4. Avoid eating animal protein and carbohydrate in the same meal. Different enzymes digest these two macro nutrients, so eating them together can lead to indigestion.
5. Do not eat dairy with fruits as protein in dairy when mixed with fruits causes indigestion and Gastro intestinal tract issues.
6. Do not eat fruits after you had a protein packed dinner.
If you got used to your best digestive aid now it’s time for you to pick your food in the right sequence to stay sure of losing weight much faster in addition to practising the best exercise to lose weight.
Eat Healthy Stay fit.