Welcome to the 3rd part of this series of weight loss and fat loss. Well what do I have for you today?
I am disclosing two more factors contributing in weight loss and fat loss. The point of discussion for today’s series are:
- Your body’s anatomy
- Food and macro nutrients
Your Body’s Anatomy:
Ever wondered why do you need to know the anatomy of the body? Well! the answer is simple.
Human anatomy as you know is the study of human biology that includes anatomy that can be visible by eyes called gross anatomy and microscopic anatomy that needs a microscope or other equipment to learn the body at cellular level.
I will help you learn the anatomy that should be considered when we are proceeding in the path of weight loss and fat loss journey.
Look at these two diagrams carefully and simultaneously try and locate each part with your hands in your body. These diagrams will show both anterior and posterior view of your body.
Now, let’s learn what are the functions of these parts:
1. Stabilization of your core is done with the help of your ABS and CORE.
2. BICEPS are required to bend your elbows.
3. PECS help in adduction of arms.
4. FOREARMS are useful for movement of the wrist and fingers.
5. DELTS allow rotation of arms.
6. LATS are associated with extension as well as adduction of arms.
7. TRAPS play a great role in lifting and movement of shoulder blades.
8. TRICEPS helps in extending of elbow.
9. SPINAL ERECTORS are for back extension and provide stability to the core.
10. GLUTES are for bending of hip joints as well as for its straightening.
11. HAMSTRINGS supports in bending of the knee.
12. CALVES are used to raise the heels.
13. QUADS are utilized while the knee extends.
Knowing all these functions you must have got a clear idea that how important are all these muscle groups for you. So, our focus should be to slowly build up these muscles in due course of our training program in addition to maintaining a great regime for food.
Food and Macro Nutrients – Quality
We all have heard of food pyramids that should be followed when we consider to start our day with healthy food or quality food.
The Food Pyramid
1. Vegetables are considered foundational nutrients for your body which are also essential.
2. Meat, sea food and eggs are considered as essential food too and forms a part of foundational base.
3. The food that are considered as supplements are dairy products, legumes, nuts and seeds, whole grains. These should be consumed in moderation.
4. The most important part for us to enjoy food is flavor. So, the last two sections at the top of the pyramid does the magic. They are healthy oils, supplements(required when prescribed only), herbs, spices, lemon, vinegar etc.
5. As you have observed that there is no place for sugar, high calorie beverages, processed wheat products, other processed food, man-made fats and oils. You should consider to limit the intake of such food.
Why does this pyramid work during your weight loss and fat loss program?
Being able to pick and eat the nutrient-dense food enables your body to achieve the goal of required macro nutrients. These are required by your body to meet the daily requirement of healthy growth and promotion of good health.
If you choose the wrong size of portions in your meals unlike shown in the pyramid, then you are guiding your body to ill health and eventually obesity comes in as the uninvited guest. Also, make sure that you do not over consume your food. To learn what should be your calorie intake click here.
You must learn how to incorporate these nutrients in your daily diet as you must make it your lifestyle and not just your short diet plan for weight loss. Stick to a diet for your entire life as this is how you will stay fit and your mental and physical world is full of great benefits.
Learn what should be your diet plan and what are the food items you must buy to meet the requirement of this pyramid. Check the great diet plan.
Intolerance and Food Allergies:
Mostly found food allergies are due to food like peanut, eggs, milk, certain fish, soy, shellfish, tree nuts and wheat.
The typical symptoms of intolerance to the food are inflammation, heartburn, cramps, and at times diarrhea. These can also occur by consuming foods like corn products, dairy, and food with gluten.
FOR YOUR AWARENESS: Around 65% of human population is lactose intolerant. However, when lactose breaks down during the preparation of yogurt and cheese they become a better form to digest.
Is it good to consume Cholesterol and Sodium?
This is yet another story that has been haunting all the fitness lovers. Every time you keep searching for the answers and hit every possible links in the online world you encounter various answers. I know it’s enough to get you confused.
I am here to help you and relieve you of the myth that cholesterol and sodium are bad for health. Well! these are as much required by your body as any other food component. However, we need to learn which form of these are the right choices.
Cholesterol from eggs are a good source for your body as they help in lowering bad cholesterol. Whereas the one from edible oil is to be avoided.
Sodium is required for your body as this helps in controlling blood pressure and regulates the function of muscles and nerves. However, due to poor lifestyle choices you might as well have to reduce or even avoid its intake.
Make sure that you stay fit and live to enjoy every food item available on earth in its true form and stay away from all kinds of artificially refined food or processed food.
Stick to the rule of “NO MORE PACKAGED OR PROCESSED FOOD”.
You can get few immediate weight loss food recipes here for your fat loss programs. Best of luck and stay fit and eat healthy.