“Why should I lose weight?”
Still not sure why!
You must have heard of many instances where people suffer from severe heart disease or other illnesses due to obesity.
I am not talking about obesity at extreme stage only. But trying to point out about those of us who might be skinny in their limbs but have managed to stage a huge belly that holds like a bag right in front and adds a standout effect when wearing those tight and skinny t-shirts.
I did it for myself. Now, let me help you ring those bells for you and help you get motivated to answer your question, “Why should I lose weight”.
So, here it is. Picked up data from a research work presented at ESC Congress 2012. Even if you are at your normal weight your big belly can put you in great risk of cardiac issues and cause death. And the numbers never fall down. It is mentioned that in addition to considering your weight measurements one must also check their waist-to-hip ratio. In short, take this as a wake up call. Get moving with high intensity workouts.
Here are few waist-to-hip ratio online calculators: [you will need a tailor-measuring tape.]
Now let’s learn more….
What is belly fat?
Human body has two types of fat. Subcutaneous and Visceral fat. The one that you see around your belly is visceral fat. This grows in between the spaces of our organs lying in the abdominal region.
Read these unwanted functions of visceral fat:
1. Releases toxins in your body.
2. Promotes Cytokines which in turn increases chances of heart disease.
3. Cytokines causes inflammation influencing certain cancers too.
4. Fatty acids releases linked to bad cholesterol increase.
5. Degrades your sensitivity towards Insulin level, increasing chances of diabetes.
Who decides fat storage around my belly?
I understand how much you want to conquer the kingdom of your own body and drive it the way you want. But, factors like stress releases a hormone called cortisol that drives all fat storage to take place in your belly area. STAY AWAY FROM STRESS.
Indications could be– Stomach bloating, sleep issues, fatigue, craving for salty food.
Learn how to stay away from stress?
- Stay cool and calm.
- Focus on something that makes you happy.
- Practice meditation.
- Exercise everyday for at least 30 minutes.
- Go for a walk everyday.
Other factors that causes fat storage around belly are:
1. Thyroid functional issue that influences your metabolic rate.
Indications could be– Low energy, weight gain, weakness, cold hands, low immunity, easily breakable hair.
2. Estrogen level in excess intends to bind with thyroid hormone making it of no use and influencing even more weight gain. Keep a track of estrogen level by doing required tests. It can be cured with treatment, so need not worry.
3. Presence of toxins can increase your appetite and reduces your ability to burn fat. These toxins enter our body from outside environment as we breathe no more fresh air. Again, don’t worry go for a test and follow instructions by your doctor.
- Replace your two last major meals with a detoxifying drink. Practice this for at least three days every month.
- Try picking only organic food item.
- Drink 3-4 liters of water every day.
- Drink green tea instead of coffee.
- Introduce fiber eating fruits, vegetable, legumes and whole grains in your diet.
- Practice yoga
- Eat good amount food that contains antioxidants every day.
- Enjoy massage sessions.
4. Sleep issues can also influence your weight. It is while you are asleep when your body automates its healing procedure. Hormone named leptin is released while you sleep that indicates your body that you have eaten enough. Due to less sleep leptin levels are low and you eventually eat more. Take control over your sleep.
5. Digestive issues caused to unfriendly flora in your system can cause issues with your weight. Make sure you eat right to maintain balance in your gut.
6. Lack of Hydration is very important as right amount of water makes sure that your body’s metabolism stays alive and allows you to lose weight easily. This also helps to wash away all unnecessary toxins and bad things from your body.
What should I do to Lose Weight?
- Make sure you follow a good diet and practice cooking healthy recipes.
- Avoid eating outside food.
- Eat food which is grilled, baked, boiled, steamed or roasted.
- Exercise regularly with no excuses first thing in the morning.
- Don’t get depressed and talk about it if you could not follow your diet when attending a function. Instead get back on track.
- Stay positive and enjoy life doing your favorite activities like trekking, swimming, traveling, cooking, running, cycling, even household work.
Change you eating habits by following below points:
- Eat light meals. Feel your tummy talking to you and stop accordingly.
- Eat slowly and chew your food nicely as digestion begins in your mouth.
- Never skip your regular timings for your meals.
- Choose healthy food like fruits, vegetables, lentils, beans, whole grain, eggs white, fish and lean skinless chicken.
- Try to avoid eating food that is deep fried or prepared with more than 1 tsp of oil.
- Start reading ingredient tables while shopping your food item. Avoid buying those with trans fat, artificial sugar, sodium and empty calories.
- Limit or best is to avoid your alcohol and aerated drinks.
Now that you found the answer to why should I lose weight, I got to share this “Unbeatable Weight Loss Recipe” book with you.
Let me tell you that I have followed this book and would like to share the benefits. If you are reading this sentence you are the one enthusiast who wants to stay fit for entire life. Spread this to all your beloved people who you care for. Enjoy the recipes in this book and follow the weekly designed diet plan regularly.
I can guarantee that you have taken the best decision of your life to lose weight. Best of luck!
Win this digital book for free by contacting me at firstname.lastname@example.org. [first 30 emails by 30th Aug 2015.]
No worries if you fail to win the book. It is available online in below links: