Have you ever thought of holding a spoon requires a certain DINING ETIQUETTE or there is a particular way of unfolding the napkin that is placed on your plate before you dine?
Well! the very first time when I came to know this and tried practicing it made me feel as if I were the most sophisticated person on earth that anyone would ever come across!
Right if you are smiling reading this then I must say you need to know how well it plays a role while dining too.
Let’s kick start with the tips that will help groom your dining etiquette:
1. Sit straight sticking your backbone to the back of the chair.
2. If with many people to dine with ensure you unfold your napkin when everyone has grabbed their seat and settled down.
3. Do not make noise while trying to unfold a napkin if it had been folded very decoratively. Try a cool and calm action to unfold it very delicately.
4. Place your napkin on your lap while eating.
5. Fold you napkin in half giving a triangular shape the crease placed towards you.
6. Use your napkin only when it is necessary.
7. When leaving the table for a little while place your napkin towards left hand side of the plate.
8. Leave napkin in your lap until everyone finishes with their meal.
9. Place napkin to right side of the plate once meal ends and impress with the best of your dining etiquette.
10. When meeting someone, before you dine you must extend you hand for a generous handshake and as mentioned in my previous article about Communication Etiquette and Its Strength to Bring Revolution it must stay for 2-3 seconds with proper eye contact.
11. Rise if you are seated to get introduced.
12. Never do any kind of business introduction when the dining has started already. People tend to skip the matter of introduction.
13. Do not lean on the table.
14. Keep your elbows off the table and close to the body.
15. When you stop to talk it is alight if you want to rest your elbows on the table for a while.
16. Now lets see how the serving part of dining etiquette runs around. Always pass food towards your right hand side.
17. Salt and pepper once used should be kept in its original place. Pass it back if required.
18. Salt and pepper are to be passed on together.
19. Plates are served on the left
20. Dishes are removed from the right.
Most of us are seen to start pouncing on the food immediately after it had been served on to ones plate disregard of others being served or not. This clearly indicates your love for food along with bad or you as a person with NO dining etiquette.
21. Wait until everyone is seated and served.
22. Make sure everyone starts and finishes together when dining with many people. You could make others feel uncomfortable if you finish earlier than they do.
23. When you are finished with eating never push the plate away from you.
24. Take small bites while eating.
25. Keep your mouth closed while chewing.
26. Never get in to a conversation with food in your mouth.
27. Try not to gulp your food. It is bad sight for others eyes.
28. Never blow air on food or soup if is too hot. Wait for it to cool down a little or eat from the side of the bowl (when having soup).
29. Bread and rolls should be broken with your fingers in single bite size pieces and buttered one piece at a time. Roti in Indian Cuisine can be broken with fingers too displaying good dining etiquette.
30. Cut several pieces of meat at a time and eat one by one.
31. Use your knife to cut lettuce if needed.
Well! these are the hot 31 tips for your dining etiquette and there are many more to come in the upcoming articles. keep reading and not just read them, try to spread them to others and follow them too.